“Be qualified worldwide”This is the UB guarantee for all its graduates. Brahmans—the young men and women who complete their academic degrees at the University of Batangas— are molded to be leaders not only locally but anywhere in the world they choose to work. Strengthening the university’s thrust in this aspect is the International Affairs and Special Programs Office. Directly under the direction of the University President, the IASPO further advances higher education and global exchange of information through its partnerships with foreign individuals, organizations and institutions in pursuit of academic advancement, socio-cultural consciousness and professional development. The office provides the University access to globally-focused quality education by creating opportunities for international engagement. The IASPO serves various roles, each of them geared toward its goal of ensuring that every student that graduates from UB is ‘qualified worldwide.’ These services include:
• OrientationAside from the General Orientation offered to all of the new students in the University, a special orientation is organized for newly arrived International Students immediately after the enrollment. This aims to officially welcome and to familiarize them with the philosophy, mission, vision, rules and regulations, surroundings, conditions and services offered by the different offices of the University, visa processing and Bureau of Immigration policies for international students. This program will also provide students opportunities to get to know each other and to make our students feel truly at home.
• Advising ServiceThe International Affairs and Special Programs Office (IASPO) is here to serve all international students in any way possible. Responsibilities of IASPO include providing information and assistance on immigration matters, providing information on campus and community services available to international student, assisting international student to achieve their academic objectives and other matters that require immediate attention.
• Visa AssistanceAll international students are assisted by the school liaison officer in processing their student visa application and special study permit at the Bureau of Immigration, as long as all the required documents of the students are ready. The school representative accredited by the Bureau of Immigration will process the application for the study permit.
• Promotion of Special ProgramsThis is to manage and coordinate special programs of the Office of the President by developing policies, procedures, and guidelines on international partnership relative to transnational education (i.e distance education and joint/dual degree), academic exchange, foreign student education/scholarship, consortia and funding/ sponsorship programs.
• International LinkagesBuild networks with other school for international exchange students and create more programs for the internationalization of the institution.
Mrs. Maria Leah Sheila M. AtienzaDirector, International Affairs and Special Programs Office
Ms. Florescel Gay L. Alido, RPmProgram Specialist and Liaison Officer
Mrs. Mayrose R. PedrosoClerk
International Affairs and Special Programs OfficeGround Floor, Velasquez Building University of Batangas Hilltop, Batangas City, 4200, Philippines
Office HoursMonday to Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am to 12:00 nn
Telephone NumbersLocal +639 (043) 723 – 1446 local 608
Direct +639 (043) 402 – 8602